LIMS SG Description
H3Africa LIMS SG was started in March 2015 on request by the Biorepository PI WG, to create a subgroup that will review and sanitize the ICT and data needs/requirements of the different H3Africa Biorepositories. Forge ways on how the different Biorepositories’ systems can inter-operate and exchange Biospecimen related information with ease.
Purpose of the SG
To set up an ideal method(s) of Biospecimens data/information transfer/exchange between the H3Africa Biorepositories and submission sites, the H3ABionet and external researchers.
Aims and objectives.
- Ensure interoperability between the Biorepositories in relation to Biospecimen data exchange (LIMS, Barcoding, Labeling, data extraction/exchange, etc).
- Set up a joint Biorepository website and set up its management structure.
- Determine an ideal method(s) of data transfer between Biorepositories/sites.
- Check usability of all necessary data transfer tools/documents designed by the different H3Africa working groups.
- Work as a link between the Biorepositories and H3ABionet, external researchers in regards to data exchange.
- Encourage and generate publications that are more focused on the LIMS SG efforts.
- Invite representatives from outside Biorepositories to present their infrastructure and management systems to our SG meetings.